CATOCTIN MOUNTAIN LAUREL CLUB RIDE and SWIM … hilly and rocky so horses should be in condition and wear shoes or boots…pack your lunch for a stop at one of the ponds where you and your horse can take a dip during a 3.5 hour ride … RTR 10:00am…rsvp Sheila Gilbert … 301-898-7921 / firstname.lastname@example.org … for those who were on this ride last year, do not fear – we will be taking an easier route getting started!!!
Directions to Catoctin Ride
- From Rt 15 about 10 miles north of Frederick, MD
- turn onto Hansonville Rd.( left if coming from the south and right if coming from the north)
- and quick right onto Mountaindale Rd.
- Stay on Mountaindale Rd. to a stop sign.
- Turn left staying on Mountaindale Rd.
- Just before the road turns into gravel, park in grassy area next to small block building on the right.